Tony Kwan has been a practicing lawyer since 1994. He practices in the areas of real estate development (from the initial purchase of the lands through to rezoning and then the eventual development and sale of individual units), commercial financing (acting for both lenders and borrowers), and major commercial transactions.
Tony was called to the bar in 1994. He articled at a mid-sized downtown firm before joining PLLR Lawyers in 1994. Since then, Tony has practiced as a general solicitor now with more of an emphasis on real estate development, commercial lending, and major commercial transactions. Tony draws on his multimodal knowledge of the law to build a team of professionals to assist clients long-term. He has a great deal of experience dealing with clients who have international business interests.
As past chair of the Richmond Chamber of Commerce, Richmond Sunset Rotary Club, and the various City of Richmond advisory committees, Tony is deeply connected to the City of Richmond. Having practiced and worked in Richmond for almost 30 years, Tony brings a tremendous breadth of legal, business, and community knowledge when assisting his clients.
Tony is a food and wine lover/connoisseur who shares his passion for food and wine as a regular columnist with the Richmond News and on various social media platforms such as Instagram and YouTube.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Development
- Banking and Finance
- Corporate and Commercial
- General Real Estate
- British Columbia, 1994
- University of British Columbia, Faculty of Law, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- LL.B. – 1993
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- B.S. – 1989
- Major: Genetics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association, Member, 1994 – Present
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member, 1994 – Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Richmond Chamber of Commerce – Governor and Past Chair
- Richmond Sunset Rotary Club – Charter Member and Past President
- Chinese Federation of Commerce of Canada – Former Honorary Legal Advisor
- Richmond Chinese Community Society – Former Director
- Victorian Order of Nurses – Former Director and Co-Chair of Finance Committee
- City of Richmond Economic Advisory Committee – Member
- Cantonese Chinese